Thursday, February 25, 2016

Five Months

Baby girl is five months old already! I've packed away her 0-3 month clothes and it made me so so sad! But she is growing and learning so many new things. She can roll from back to front now and has become a rolling machine (although she hasn't quite figured out how to roll consecutively, so she's still easy to keep track of)! She has started reaching for everything, which has been so fun. It takes her a lot of concentration to grab something - so cute! And she has a lovely new trick that she thinks is funny: she'll suck in with kind of a gasping sound. It scares us to death cause it sounds like she can't breath, but it's just her playing around. Crazy girl.

We took her to the doc to get her weight checked and she was at 12 lbs 9 oz, which put her close to the 20th percentile = much better than last month. Yay!


She still loves to stroke Steve's beard.

She'll still sleep in her swing occasionally and I love how comfy and snuggled she always looks in it.
Finally got the lip on camera!
First time swinging. She wasn't too impressed.
Steve wasn't feeling well and Penny sat here for a good 10 minutes just rubbing his head. It was so sweet!
Someone pooped their pants again... 

This month I went back to work for the first time since having Penny. Since I have to travel I left her overnight with Steve. Thankfully this was just a one day session, so I was gone less than 24 hours, but it was really hard! I cried all the way to Abilene and slept less than I do at home with Penny. :/ I was SO happy to get home. Of course Steve did a good job taking care of her, it's just hard not being around her all the time - I'd never left her for more than an hour or two before this trip.
They survived! 
The aftermath of Penny's first back to front roll. She's still trying to figure out how to get that one arm out from underneath herself.
Sundays are killing us! We have church at 9 and I have to wake Penny up each week and she is just so thrown off for the rest of the day. It's a mess.




It may be time to transition to the crib...

And it must be noted that the Broncos won Super Bowl 50!!! It was a happy day in the Peper home (*Mood set by Steve)!




My sweet girl!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. SO many great pictures. I still can't believe I haven't met her yet! My favorite picture is probably the 2nd to last one of Penny and Steve watching the game and Penny looking up at him. Precious!!

    ReplyDelete