Friday, May 15, 2015

Corpus Christi Anniversary

In February Steve attended a conference in Corpus Christi Texas and I decided to tag along since it took place over our anniversary weekend. It's about an eight hour drive, so that wasn't too fun, but other than that it turned out to be a great trip! (I only threw up once on the way down and once on the way home!)
The view from our hotel room
The water at our hotel didn't work two of the mornings we stayed there, which was sad, but we ended up getting a discount and paying very little for the hotel so...worth it? We did get to shower eventually!

One afternoon we decided to take a drive and came on a section of road where you had to take some barges across the water to continue driving. I was so excited! It was weird just sitting in our car sitting on a boat. It's part of some peoples' every day commute, but it was the first time (in memory at least) that I remember doing something like that! Steve didn't quite catch my enthusiasm...



Corpus Christi had a lot of boardwalks that we checked out. There was one right by the conference center Steve was at, so I would hang out along that while waiting for him to be finished. Plus we checked out several beaches. The ocean is always so mesmerizing!



We were there Wednesday through Sunday and boy did it pick up on the weekend! They even had a huge bridge (our hotel was on one side and the main city on the other) that they lit up in all different colors on the weekend nights.


The bridge in the day
We went to a steak house for our anniversary dinner (cause what other kind of food would we eat?). It was called Niko's and it was delicious! Steve picked it because they serve quail there and he has been wanting to try it forever since he works with quail. I just got a strawberry milkshake since it was the only thing that sounded remotely good and it was the best milkshake I've had in my entire life! 
Quail and steak and a happy Steve!

Here's to a whole year of marriage and many more to come!



1 comment:

  1. That looks like a fun trip!! The bridge was super cool. And I would be fascinated by riding in a car on a barge. Cool! And I'm not sure about eating quail. Seems like some sort of cannibalism or something for Steve.

    ReplyDelete