Friday, June 5, 2015

Grandma's 90th Birthday

Grandma turned 90 in May, so Steve and I were able to make it out to Memphis to celebrate! The Swensens weren't able to come since Meyer was due pretty much any day, but the rest of the fam was there. Grandma knew we were going out to dinner, but it was a surprise that we were taking a limo and that some old friends from Huntsville were coming out too. When Grandma walked out and saw the limo, she said "oh now this is ridiculous" - it was a fun night out!
The girls before dinner
Steve's first time in a limo!

We stayed at the Butts' house and I think the dogs were ok with it. :) I sure do miss having lil fuzz balls around all the time!

Asu, Bentley and Seeker - such good boys!

The next day we had a reception at The Village for Grandma that was also very nice. A lot of her friends were able to make it and they even convinced Grandma to say a few words! Coach did drop in (uninvited! Haha) and beelined it for Steve, but Steve of course handled it well. Grandma was sitting with me and just said "oh no, Coach has spotted Steve" Haha! After coaching collage football for years, he loves to chat with young guys any time he can.

 We decided to give Grandma a little break the next day and went exploring downtown Memphis with the Butts. We checked out the new Bass Pro Shop that has tons of ponds in the store with (big) fish and ducks! It was a nice afternoon exploring and being with family.



 I sure do love my grandma - saying goodbye is always so hard. :(




1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were a dog person, Kellie. I can't wait to see when you get your first dog. Looks like a fun trip!!

    ReplyDelete