Saturday, June 6, 2015

Indiana Visit

After our trip to Memphis Steve and I drove to Bloomington. It was a fun visit, especially since we got to meet Jake!

Steve found an old homemade hot air balloon that we attempted to get working - it didn't really ever get going though.

Lucy seriously sat like this (cracker paused mid bite and all) for about five minutes just mesmerized by the TV. We were laughing so hard! 



Steve did an internship at the Indianapolis Zoo after his Masters degree. He was able to get in touch with some friends that still work as keepers there and we went to visit along with the other Pepers! We even got a great "behind the scenes" experience with the tigers!
Ellen - one of Steve's favorite keeper friends
The new baby tiger. Lucy was freaking out every time it moved!
Babies gettin' some love
Ellen again - feeding the Sea Lions
And of course there was lots of hanging out! Steve decided to go through all of his old stuff in his parents' garage. We found some real gold in his old school projects (misspelled his own name - anyone? anyone? Haha!) that I will have to add pics of later.
Jake!!!

Steve had decided to make a deal that he and BS would cut each others hair for the summer. I was surprised everyone actually went along with it! They both had fun - BS even wanted to cut Steve's beard after he was done cutting his hair!







We set off some fireworks. Turns out Lucy is not a fan, but everyone else had fun watching them! Steve was teaching BS how to light fireworks and it was pretty cute to watch him take off running once Steve yelled "go go go" when the firework was lit!




The treadmill was moved from upstairs all the way to the basement, which turned out to be an entire family job.

When we flew home there had been tons of flooding throughout the state - mostly more South and East of Lubbock, but we had a bit as well. It was crazy to see it all from the plane. I didn't really think about flooding when we moved to Lubbock, but there have been several times that I've been glad our house is not in a big flood zone - we've been lucky!

1 comment:

  1. Such great pictures! Especially the hair cutting ones. Those were priceless. And I'm SO jealous that I didn't get to go to the zoo. I need a behind the scenes tour. =(

    ReplyDelete