Our neighbor, David Lindsey painted this picture for a nativity display they have in Lubbock each year. He asked us to model for him and we thought it would be weird, but it turned out to be a lot of fun!
Okay, skipping back to Utah. After we stayed with the Detros and Warrens for a few days, we headed down to my parents' house. Jenna and the Swensens were there as well, so we had everyone together! Isaac, Jenna, Kason, Steve and I decided to go to a BYU basketball game one night. Kason was so good at dancing crazy each time they played music!
| Not the best pic (sorry Isaac. Haha!), but the only one I have from the game! |
We also went to look at the Christmas lights at Temple Square in Salt Lake. They leave the lights up for a while after Christmas. It was so pretty, but so so sooooo cold! Steve told me he was glad we were married now so he didn't have to act manly in the cold. Haha!
| In front of the Christus statue |
I am so glad that Steve is great with kids and especially glad for how willing he's been to adopt "my" kids. I walked in on some serious cuteness several times!
| LOVE this one! |
Emry and Steve have had a bit of a rocky relationship (Emry's stink eye is pretty scary!), but this visit was the best yet for them - Steve even convinced Emry to give him a hug, even though she was a little reluctant! Never thought I'd see the day... ;)
Every time I'd start to play the piano I'd get kicked off by these two. I'm 90% sure Dad still prefers my playing though!
We got to just hang out a lot of the time, which is always the most fun to me!
We also had the chance to go to the Museum of Natural Curiosity while in Utah. It was a really neat place!
We loved getting to see so much family over the holidays and were really sad to head back home.
Once we got back to Lubbock though we drove straight to the store from the airport to pick up one of these:
Man, I don't know how I missed so many posts. There were SO many great pictures in this one. Steve really is good with kids. Looks like you had so much fun with your family.
ReplyDelete