Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Eight Months


May was Penny's eight month mark. Time is flying and it is so fun to see Penny growing and learning so much! Highlights from this month:

-Now sits in highchairs and shopping carts, which she is super excited about.
-Has been into head butting/bonking us a lot lately.
-When we try to put her to sleep, she grabs her pacifier out of her mouth and chucks it across the room. How dare we assume she's tired!
-She is army crawling (just a few days before turning 8 months)! Ahhhhhhh! And yes, it is way worse than rolling - she's into absolutely everything already.
-She learned to clap and it's about the cutest thing I've ever seen!

I have been trying to convince her that food is good, but she's just not that into it yet. We just keep trying. One day I fed her some applesauce and she was making those sour faces and basically grimacing the whole time I fed it to her (we make it through a few bites before she's done usually). Later that night we were juicing some grapefruit for ourselves and Penny really wanted to try some, so we put some in her sippy cup. She drank it right down without even the slightest sour face. What?! Haha!

So Proud!
Penny will sleep in bed with Steve, but she won't sleep with me in it! Not sure what to make of that, but this picture sure is cute! (*I put a pillow behind her)

She just snuggled up to me and conked out one afternoon.


 First kiss! My friend's little boy snuck some in while they were babysitting her. Steve about died.

Another of her gentlemen friends! ;)


Penny is not a snuggler, so on the rare occasions when she's willing, I soak it up!


Mother's Day!




1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Too many cute things about this post. The shopping cart was always a BIG step for me. Excited for it, but scared at the same time. Haha! Clapping was always one of my favorite milestones, too. She is just SO darling!!!

    ReplyDelete