The blessing was planned for the 8th before Penny was born so that our parents could get time off work and buy plane tickets and what not. A few weeks after she was born they announced that that Sunday was going to be a regional conference, so we wouldn't have regular meetings and therefore couldn't bless her at church. So we ended up having to bless her at home. I was SO disappointed. It was still a great blessing from Steve and we really enjoyed the visit with our parents.
Penny was not a happy camper before the blessing and was screaming and crying, but as soon as Steve took her and started talking she was fine. My favorite thing was that she would reply to him each time he paused to think about what he'd say next during the blessing. Steve would talk, then Penny would babble back, then Steve would talk and Penny would babble back - so so cute!
Steve said at the beginning of the blessing that even though she wouldn't remember the words, her spirit would be able to pull strength from the blessing throughout her life. I really like that. Other blessing highlights:
- Have a humble heart that's anxious to learn
- A desire to seek after all that is good
- Develop a love for the Savior
- Gain an understanding of the role you play in our family and Heavenly Father's plan
- Physical abilities and strength to overcome the difficulties that come your way
- Pull from the faith developed of the Savior - this strength not only for you, but for your family also
- Look for those who need you as a friend
- Know the love your family has for you and the savior has for you
- You were sent to earth to be with us
| The awesome outfit my mom brought for Penny! |
| The bow was actually too small and left a little dent in her head - poor girl. At least it looked cute! |
| Blessing circle - Bishop Lindsay on the right |
I left Penny (with someone besides Steve for 15 minutes) for the very first time. I had a doctors appointment, so Jill and Randy took care of Penny for a little over an hour. It was hard! I sat in the waiting room at the doctors and looked at pictures of her the whole time, but I didn't cry. :) And I got a little smile when I got back, which was so cute and made me feel good!
| Playing games one night |
Penny obviously got a ton of love on this trip and we loved having everyone!
How fun that both sets of parents could be there. We ended up doing two of our blessings at home. I know how you feel. I LOVED the pictures of her in her blessing dress!!
ReplyDelete