Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The First 10 Days

My mom stayed with us for 10 days once we got home and it was fantastic! Fantastic for me at least. :) I so appreciate her taking care of Penny, cooking, cleaning, taking care of me and Gus...it was a lot. I had a lot of help (more on that later) this time, way more than after Penny, and I think it really helped me feel so much better so much faster! That and Gus has turned out to be a pretty good sleeper - only getting up every 3ish hours at night to eat and then going right back to sleep.

I think because he is my second, I've realized how quickly Penny has grown up, so I've really tried to soak up my time with this little newborn. Anytime I feel like kissing his cheeks, I do, even if I wake him up. Those cheeks aren't going to be there for me to smother in kisses forever!




So tiny!













So dejected
Penny has recently become obsessed with Slim Jims and Steve surprised her by bringing home a giant one one day after school.

Already loving the sibling bond


Build-A-Bear had a promotion for a free bear one day and my mom planned to take Penny at my suggestion. Turns out the lines were insane and they ended up shutting down most of the stores because of the volume of people! So instead Mom took Penny another day and got a discount on a stuffed dog Penny picked out. Penny also got to pick a few "add ons", one of which was a strawberry scent. They ask you what you want to name your pet (so they can give you a birth certificate) and apparently Penny took a really long time to decide! She finally settles on Strawberry. Haha! Strawberry is now our faithful tag along wherever we go.
Penny holding Strawberry


 I don't know what I would have done without Mom here to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment