March happened. Nothing too exciting, but here's a random photo dump!
Penny had her 2.5 year check up weighing in at 24.6 lbs which put her into the 7th percentile! We're officially back on the chart and her doc is very happy with her growth. Finally!
 |
| Steve was out of town and I decided to make Penny a game to cheer her up. I put a tape box on the floor, poured beans all over and then showed her how to try to sweep them all into the box. She just stood in front of it and pouted! I thought it would be fun! Oh well... |
 |
| I got this shirt at a family reunion on my Dad's side when I was about 6. It is now Penny's "painting shirt"! |
Last time I was in Utah I brought some of the stuffed animals I had when growing up back with me. Penny loved this black lab one particularly. One day I asked her what she was going to call it as she was carrying it around. She answered "Lily" with no hesitation and just kept right on playing. I don't know if she's even ever heard the name Lily before! So "Lily Dog" as she's now referred to has been Penny's pal for the last several months. Some milk got spilled on Lily Dog one day, so we had to give her a little bath - Penny insisted on following the same routine we use for her own bath time. It was hard work convincing her Lily Dog didn't need lotion after the bath!
 |
| Her sunglasses are on upside down 100% of the time. |
 |
| Just a little glimpse of what I deal with on a daily basis. SO much attitude! |
 |
| She hides from Steve everyday when he gets home. This day was a particularly good spot! |
 |
| Penny was being very quiet one afternoon, so I went to find her. She had Steve's tape measure and a picture frame and was trying to hang it up! |
I've never met anyone that loves olives as much as Penny does. She will stand on a chair beside me as I cook and just eat all the olives I'm planning on using in a dinner. This day she ate almost an entire can of them!
 |
| I spilled the flour and she was quick to jump in and play in it! Steve came home shortly after it happened and Penny was quick to tell him that "Momma made this mess!" |
 |
| She got into my lipstick one morning. Honestly, I was fine with it as long as I got to do my own makeup in peace! |
 |
| Penny had been begging me for an umbrella (no idea why) and we just happened to get a free one through our cell phone provider. She was SO excited about it! |
 |
| We were coloring together and I had to go talk to the plumber that was working at our house for like 10 seconds. I came back to this. |
We held a little Easter egg hunt for some of our friends the week before Easter in our backyard. One of the parents mentioned that wearing these bunny ears helped you find eggs and then the kids were all about them! It was fun, but for the second year in a row it was almost 90* and the chocolates in some of the eggs was pretty melted. Texas problems! I did do half candy and half toys this year which I thought was a good compromise. I actually think most of the kids were more excited about the little plastic animals and bouncy balls they got than the candy. Yay!
It was so nice one evening and Steve was home so we just played and played in the backyard. It was awesome!
 |
| Steve and I were using chopsticks, so she had to as well. She actually did super well with them once we added the little "helper" attachment. |
 |
| Penny is REALLY in to Alvin and the Chipmunks right now. We watch it all the time. I was getting some bigger clothes out for her one day and she spotted this sweatsuit, hat, and shoes. She literally gasped and pulled them out, put them all on all by herself and then happily told me "Penny a chunk!!!" ("Chunk" is what she calls the chipmunks) |
We found out that Steve will officially be defending his dissertation on June 12th, which means he has to have it turned in by May 12th. He's so close to being done! Bring on the next few months - we're ready to have him home more often!
Never thought I'd hear THAT sentence: "Penny a chunk"!!! She has so much personality. I love that you are capturing it in this blog. She is a lot like her mom!
ReplyDelete