Thursday, October 23, 2014

CALLING INTO A RADIO SHOW!

This is Steve:
So on my way home from school the radio station I usually listen to plays this stupid game where you can win things.  You have to name things that are or could be in your car and match them to what he is thinking.  When I am listening I USUALLY am able to guess what they are.  I've tried calling in before but I have never gotten through (I've tried calling radio stations several times throughout my life and have never gotten through.  It is quite frustrating...).  Anyways, today when I was listening I was pretty dang sure I knew what he was talking about so I thought I would try and call in.  The first time I called it was busy, as per usual, so I hung up and tried again.  This repeated 4-5 times, then all of a sudden I heard a voice on the other end.  I figured that if I got through I would be connected with a phone answerer person and not the actual DJ (I figured they would screen my call or get my info or something).  Anyways, it was the actual DJ on the line and he was ready for me to "play the game".  As I mentioned I wasn't expecting it to be him so when I realized what was going on I was a little startled.  You can tell in the clip when I said something like, "I'm calling in for the radio thing..."  How embarrassing...  Not to mention my voice sounds REALLY weird.  I think I sound like a hick.
Since the call wasn't live, I pulled over to see if I could record it with my phone when it actually aired.  The clip is below:


I WON!!!!!!  It was crazy.  Im still in shock that I actually got through and that I won.  Things like this never happen to me.  I have the worst luck ever.  Typically, with my luck I would have ended up having to pay the radio staion or something because I got through...  But instead I won tickets to the haunted house here in Lubbock!  I actually wanted to go to it with Kellie but we decided not to because tickets are $25 each.  
FREE DATE NIGHT(minus the ice cream we will probably get afterwords)!!!!!

Oh, and the best part is I got a shout out to my Broncos and at the same time diss the cowboys!!!

And Kellie said you can't do  blog post without at least one picture.  She said to put one of the haunted house or something.  I figured this would be much more enjoying for those who might read this:
!!!!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!! And I LOVE that you included the clip from the radio. I loved listening to that. And you didn't sound weird or like a hick at all (although you DO live in Texas). I hope you and Kellie have fun at the Haunted House. I'll be waiting for pictures....

    Oh, and Kellie is right, it's nice to have pictures on each blog post. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I posted a comment a couple of days ago, but I don't see it anywhere now... I'll try again. I think it's very cool that you won the tickets, but it really bothered me that you did most of it while you were driving?!? Not cool. Like Lynds, I didn't think you sounded stupid, even when you said "that radio thing" -- haha! The talk about the football teams was my favorite part of the conversation, and I loved how the guy rushed you off the phone when it was very clear that you're not a Cowboys fan. =}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, awesome! Is Kellie excited to go to a haunted house?! I like how he quickly ended the phone call after the cowboy comment too. Go Broncos!

    ReplyDelete